In Honor of Nobel Laureate Prof. Ferid Murad
Abstract Submission Open! About 300 abstracts submitted from about 40 countries
Featuring 9 Nobel Laureates and other Distinguished Guests
MARCUS INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
On Solution Chemistry for Sustainable Development (Intl. Symp.)
This Marcus International Symposium on Solution Chemistry Sustainable Development is in honor of the distinguished work and lifetime achievements of Prof. Yizhak Marcus. Prof. Marcus is well known for his work in solution chemistry, recorded in 11 books, 50 chapters in multi-authored books, and 360 papers in refereed journals, as well as in many proceedings of international conferences. His scientific work devolved around the following topics.
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS
- Uranium and actinide chemistry constituted the earlier interests and were reported in 16 papers. The extraction of uranium(VI) from nitric acid by tri-n-butyl phosphate, its thermodynamic aspects, and its synergistic extraction with it and di-2-ethylhexyl phosphoric acid were earlier interests. Some thermodynamic data concerning the dioxouranium(VI) ion and its compounds and reactions and the coexistence of tetravalent plutonium and uranium in aqueous solution were also dealt with.
- The ion exchange separation method featured in 10 books and 34 papers.
- The solvent extraction method featured in 6 books and 19 papers.
The very often quoted book "Ion Exchange and Solvent Extraction of Metal Complexes", co-authored with A. S. Kertes, was published in 1969 and contained a very comprehensible description and analysis of the methods in items 2 and 3.
- Solvation of solutes by solvents was reported in 4 books and 44 papers.
- Solubilities were dealt with in 13 papers.
The first of these two closely connected subjects forms the basis for the understanding of the second one. The concept and application of solubility parameters featured in several papers: are they relevant to supercritical fluids, including supercritical methanol, and for the solubility of liquid organic solutes in room temperature ionic liquids? What are the solubilities of gases in deep eutectic solvents and of carbon dioxide in various solvents particular? What is the solubility of non-ionic organic solutes in seawater?
- The structure of solutions was reported in one book and 19 papers.
- The heat capacity of solutions was described in one book and in 6 papers,
- Supercritical fluids was reported in one book and in 9 papers so far.
A round table discussion open to everyone interested will be organized at a specific date and time during the symposium. It will be a platform for high level representatives of various industries, technologies, and academic disciplines to freely discuss and debate all topics of this symposium, and identify positive and efficient pathways towards sustainability in industrial practices, technologies, and research.
You are cordially invited to actively participate in this symposium by submitting and presenting a paper, or by attending the round table. We look forward to meeting you in Phuket, December 2021.
Click here to see the detailed scope and topics.
To download Flyer, click on the icon:
Click here to see the General Author Invitation
Dr. Florian Kongoli
Dr. Noam Agmon
U. of Jerusalem
Dr. Marcelle Gaune-Escard