This major symposium is in honor of the distinguished work and lifetime achievements of Prof. Andrey V. Vanyukov. Professor Vanyukov is a well-known figure for his deeply impact in the extraction and processing of non-ferrous raw materials and metals and especially in the development of "Vanyukov Technology" and "Vanyukov Reactor" for processing of sulfide Cu and Ni ores and concentrates. Today this technology has been extended to several other fields such as Pb, Zn, extraction, recycling, environment, power and energy in the overall quest for developing new sustainable technologies.
Throughout his career, his activity has impacted various fields, such as:
- Bath Smelting of Sulfide Non-ferrous metals
- Continuous Processing of Non-ferrous metals
- Iron Ore reduction in the liquid bath
- General Pyrometallurgy
The symposium is organized on the occasion of 2 anniversaries in the same year: about 30 years of development of "Vanyukov Technology" and "Vanyukov Reactor" and 29 of his passing away.
This international symposium will be a gathering of specialists of all technologies featuring plenary, keynote and invited lectures on fundamentals, technologies and innovations in bath, flash or alternative extraction technologies covering fundamentals, technologies and industrial practice
- Experimental techniques: existing and new developments
- Reaction kinetics, thermodynamics, minor element behavior
- Chemical and transport properties of slags, mattes, metals, fluxes, gases, etc.
- Fluid-Solid Reactions
- Flash/Bath Sulfide and Laterite Smelting
- Roasting, smelting, converting and refining processes and equipment
- Process modeling and simulation (computational fluid dynamic modeling, etc.)
- Thermo and Physicochemical Properties
- Refractory materials, degradation, control and optimization
- New, Improved and Existing Technologies
- Direct producing of metals
- Extraction and Processing
- Chemical and metallurgical process reactors
- Furnace designs and refractory
- Control operations and new designs
- Alternative ways of producing metals from sulfide and laterite concentrates
- Control and optimization
- Recycling, waste treatment, soil remediation and biotechnologies
- Industrial Practice:
- Plant and furnace operations
- Process parameters in smelting and refining furnaces
- Electrical furnaces
- Production of metals from sulfide or laterite concentrates
- Feed preparation processes, equipment
- Smelter gas handling and acid plants processes and equipment
- Smelter dusts and fugitive emissions
- Environmental issues and policies related to sulfide smelting
- New smelter and expansion/capital projects
- Predicted future of sulfide smelting operations
- Process control, optimization and automation
Contributed articles will be doubled peer-reviewed and will be published in the Conference Official Proceedings having an ISBN and an ISSN number. Selected contributed articles will also be published in professional reputed Journals that the organizing committee has reached agreement with for special numbers.
An inspiring event with two Nobel Prize Laureates will serve as the "Curtain-Opening" event of
the Summit (Sunday afternoon/evening, 4 October 2015).
Prof. Dan Shechtman, 2011 Nobel
Laureate in Chemistry, will present and interact on the topic
"Technological Entrepreneurship - Key to Sustainable World Peace and Prosperity
Besides being the 2011 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry, Professor Shechtman is known as
one of the Pioneers of Technological Start-up Revolution (Financial
Times, 2012). It is an inspiring accounting on his experience on the role of
technological entrepreneurship on the sustainable world peace and prosperity
with rich advises for success drawn from successful entrepreneurs he helped train.
Prof. Ei-ichi Negishi, 2010 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, will present and interact on the
topic of the special role of metals at the service of organic life
: How they help the
synthesis of organic compounds
in general and the role of metal-based reactions for an easier and efficient synthesis
of complex organic compounds, in particular.
You are kindly invited to actively participate, and we are looking forward to meeting you in the magnificent Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort and SPA in Antalya, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.